At Canning Vale Radiology we offer Fine Needle aspiration biopsy (FNA) for thyroid, soft tissue, lymph node, breast.
In lines with the Breast Screen, Australia we offer Ultrasound Guided Core biopsy for breast lesions detected by 3D Mammogram and ultrasound. Obtaining tissue sample at the earliest will expedite your process of further management and hence is essential.
At Canning Vale Radiology, you are in reliable, safe and experienced hands to undergo these procedures. Our fellowship trained onsite radiologist and experienced team will ensure you an experience you deserve with care, compassion and comfort.
- Please inform us if you are on blood thinners or Anticoagulants while booking, as this may need to be ceased for a few days prior to the appointment following confirmation of your physician.
- Continue to take your other medication.
- You may be required to accompany with a driver for few of these procedures.
- Please try and rest on the day of the procedure.
Post biopsy instructions:
- Leave the pressure bandage on for 24 hours after the biopsy. Do not shower or bathe till then. Do not remove the water resistant steri-strips or transparent plastic dressing over the wound till 3 days after the biopsy. Dry this area each time you shower or bathe.
- There may be some bruising where the needle entered the skin. Please apply ice pack whenever necessary.
- If you need to take something for pain or discomfort, take Paracetamol or similar. Do not take Aspirin or medications containing Aspirin.
- Do not participate in strenuous activities for 24 hours. No swimming for one week.
- Watch for excessive bleeding, pain or swelling. If any of these occur, please contact your general practitioner.